This page is an overview of the data in Freebase.
What data is there in Freebase?
Where does the data come from?
Data in Freebase comes from a variety of Data sources. Some data is loaded by automated Data Pipelines, some uploaded in bulk, either by Metaweb's Data team or by our Community of contributors using our API or other data loading tools. Other data is manually added piece by piece by individuals who simply use the website to edit topics.
How can you use the data?
- As a reference or information source
- Create interesting Views and Visualizations and share them with others
- Embed Freebase data in your website
- Use our API our Acre, our hosted app development platform, to build apps that use Freebase data
- Download our Data dumps
- Use Freebase's RDF for Semantic Web applications