Acre applications are edited using the App Editor.
- Acre open source project page - track development of Acre itself or install it on your own server.
- Acre App Gallery
- Acre Documentation
- Acre APIs
Libraries and Utilities
As all code is reusable and linkable by calling the
acre.require function, it makes sense to use an already created library or function, rather than creating your own. Libraries are apps that contains scripts which can be called from your app to carry out useful tasks.
List of Acre App Libraries
- Defaults Library contains useful templates and default stylesheet that help you start your acre development faster (source)
- PropBox handles the various nuances of viewing AND editing different types of properties (depending on their expected types: CVTs, images, unique properties, addresses, datetime, numbers, etc.) along with proper formatting (for viewing) and validation (when editing). (source)
- Service Library makes it quick and easy to create Freebase-style JSON web services and is especially useful when developing ajax-y Acre apps. (source)
- Attribution Library contains standardized templates giving attribution in your apps. (source)
- Topic Library wraps around the Freebase topic API and provides easy to use functionality to retrieve content related to a particular Freebase topic. (source)
- Facebook Acre Library powers the ability to write Facebook-connecting Acre apps (source)
- Flickr API library (source)
List of Utility Apps
- Acre Console providers a REPL-like console for Acre that you can use to test Acre functionality. (source) BROKEN - bug User:willmoffat if you want this fixed :-)
- Web IDs resolves a Freebase ID or a URI and lists all the known web-scale identifiers for that topic. (source)
- Linker finds the corresponding Freebase topic for an URI.
Acre Apps in Freebase
Acre is not just a system to build peripheral applications, but it has been used directly to build services that are integrated directly in Freebase.
List of Freebase Services built as Acre Apps
- Cuecard is the MQL query editor. (see source)
- Schemas is the Freebase Schema explorer. (source)
- Acre Assist powers the code completion part of Acre App Editor (source)
- Code Search powers the code search functionality in Acre App Editor (source)
- Recently Updated Apps in the App Directory
- Acre-Development Dashboard - number of developers, writes to Freebase, RSS feeds and more
- Release process - (you can get email notification when any Freebase production service is updated)
- Acre Deprecation Warnings
- What version is this Acre app?
What version is that Acre app?
Want to know what the latest version is for an acre app?
- View Source, e.g. http://acre.freebase.com/#!path=//schema.site.freebase.dev/index
- In the top bar, click the app's name, e.g. 'freebase.com schema'
The Versions tab shows all versions.